In the popular American television series “The Vampire Diaries,” Ian Somerhalder plays the role of Damon Salvatore, a dashing vampire.
The blue-eyed heartthrob has acted in a wide range of films and TV shows, earning him a reputation as one of the most well-known American actors on the planet.
All About Ian Somerhalder Net Worth, Age, Charity Works, Bio!
Before he started acting, he was a supermodel for top fashion houses like Gucci and Versace. This role as Boon Carlyle on “Dawson’s Creek” was his first big break in acting.
Covington, Louisiana, is where American actor Ian Joseph Somerhalder entered the world on December 8, 1978. Edna Somerhalder is his mom, and his dad, contractor Robert Somerhalder.
Ian Somerhalder’s siblings are named Robert and Robyn. Ian Somerhalder went to high school in his hometown and graduated from Mandeville.
|Full Name||Ian Joseph Somerhalder|
|Sources Of Income||Acting career|
|Residence||West Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Date Of Birth||8 December 1978|
|Education||Mandeville High School|
|Children||Bodhi Soleil Reed Somerhalder|
|Spouse||Nikki Reed (m. 2015)|
Key Facts About Ian Somerhalder
- He’s goal-oriented and has been working in the profession since he was ten years old when he started as a model. While at Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Versace, Guess, Calvin Klein, and Dolce & Gabbana, Ian worked on their respective ad campaigns.
- While in the fifth grade, Ian shared his first kiss at a roller rink.
- At the age of three months, he took me to my first Mardi Gras.
- Gumbo would be his last meal.
- Ian and Vampire Diaries co-creator Kevin Williamson initially met while working on the short-lived Young Americans spin-off of Dawson’s Creek. His character, Hamilton Fleming, attended a prestigious Connecticut summer boarding school where his father served as the institution’s dean.
- He seasons everything of his food with truffle oil.
- He’d be a marine biologist if he weren’t an actor.
- His go-to genre at the theater is Spaghetti Western.
- In addition to his acting and modeling careers, Ian co-owns McClain’s Pizzeria in Hailey, Idaho, with his siblings.
- He has an irrational fear of fast food.
- It is one of his lifelong dreams to visit Mars.
- He considers himself a “clean freak” and claims to take multiple showers every day.
- He can do cursive footwriting.
- On the Lost set, he came across my cat.
Ian Somerhalder Net Worth
It’s safe to say that American model and actor Ian Somerhalder has made quite a name for himself in his field. Estimates put his wealth at around $12 million in February of 2022.
Ian Somerhalder House
Venice, California, close to Abbot Kinney Blvd., is an ultra-contemporary residence. In addition, Abbot Kinney is a mile-long street known for excellent dining, art galleries, and lively nightlife.
Over 2,000 square feet of living space are spread between four bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. This two-story house was bought in 2015; it features an open floor plan with the kitchen, dining area, and living room all on the same level.
The kitchen boasts decorative stainless-steel equipment. Between the living room and the dining room is a unique see-through fireplace. Sliding glass doors off the living area open out to a backyard view.
It also has a fire pit, a hammock, and some lovely hedges for privacy. The main bedroom has its private bathroom and access to a terrace with views of the lush backyard.
- Accommodations: 4 Bedroom
- Number of Bathrooms: 3.5
- This home is spacious and comfortable, with a total floor space of 2,840 square feet.
- Price: $3.5 million
Ian Somerhalder Cars
Famous cars of Ian Somerhalder include:
- Mercedes-Benz G Wagon
- Audi A4
- S Class Mercedes-Maybach
- Discovery, Range Rover
Ian Somerhalder Charity Works
Ian does charity in the following organizations:
- Organization for Dementia Care
- Asiatic Animals
- Peace and Justice Through the Arts
- Animals’ Best Friend Society
- Born Free Foundation
- The Elton John AIDS Foundation
- Environmentalism on a Global Scale
- The Heifer Organization
- Animal Hospital of Helen Woodward
- Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
Ian Somerhalder Career
Ian is 42 years old as of 2022. For his work on “Lost,” he won the 2006 Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series. He established the Ian Somerhalder Foundation on his 32nd birthday.
Starting in 2009, his appearance fee on “The Vampire Diaries” was $40,000. He plays one of the series’ most beloved characters, vampire Damon Salvatore. He has also been honored with several Teen Choice and People’s Choice Awards for his work on the program.
Ian Somerhalder Personal Life
Regarding his private life, Ian Somerhalder is a highly romantic person who has dated several famous people. They started dating in 2002 when she was an American actress named Kate Bosworth. They dated for two years until breaking up in 2004, when he began dating Nicky Hilton Rothschild.
Maggie Grace, an American actress, was his girlfriend in 2006. Ian ended his one-year-long romance with Maggie and began dating Megan Auld.
Later that year, he began dating Nina Dobrev. Their three-year relationship ended in 2013 when he changed women again, from Nina to Malese Jow. Unfortunately, the romance only lasted for a short time.
Today, Ian is happily married to his longtime girlfriend, the American actress Nikki Reed. On April 26, 2015, the happy couple exchanged vows in Malibu, California. On July 25, 2017, the couple welcomed a beautiful daughter, Bodhi Soleil Reed Somerhalder, into the world.
Must Read:- Nikki Reed Net Worth, Age, Sources Of Income!
Ian Somerhalder Professional Life
He has said in various interviews that the entertainment industry has always held a particular fascination for him. After reaching 10, he was immediately inundated with modeling offers. He eventually grew tired of modeling and expressed a desire to be seen for more than his looks. Ian left for Europe to seek a modeling career after dropping out of high school.
Before then, he was a top student and an active participant in nearly every club and organization at his school.
While he is not a writer by profession, he has indicated that if he had not been an actor or model, he would have pursued a career in either writing or advertising.
However much he may long for his days as a model, he insists that it was all an act. He’d rather not discuss it at the moment.
Both an actor and a generous donor, Ian is active in many charitable organizations. Numerous times he has expressed concern about climate change and resource depletion. To further environmental protection and education, Somerhalder established the Ian Somerhalder Foundation in 2008.
His frequent appearances at charity events attest to his dedication to several causes. One of his favorite nonprofits in the United States is Love Letter to the South, which works to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. Ian also owns a pizza restaurant in Idaho with his brothers.
To a large extent, Ian Somerhalder’s wealth stems from his time spent acting. Even if he has benefited from a few lucky breaks, he has primarily been successful on the strength of his judgments and hard work.
He is a well-liked actor with, presumably, many more successful years in the business ahead of him. He keeps working on issues that improve living conditions for all beings.
Also, he has been giving his time and resources to organizations in which he has faith. Ian and his wife, Nikki, have a comfortable lifestyle without being wasteful. Although he has a comfortable life, he does not have a garage full of cars since he is frugal.
A total of two are in his possession. Ian is a level-headed individual who has earned and is reaping the rewards of his hard work and perseverance.