Basketball star Giannis Antetokounmpo of Greece is known as “the Greek Freak” for his incredible skills on the court. His most notable connection is to the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks, with whom he has a long history.
Initially, he signed on to play for the Greek professional basketball club Filathlitikos B.C.’s junior team. Shortly after, he was promoted to the central unit for Filathlitikos.
All You Need To Know About Giannis Antetokounmpo Net Worth, Age, Bio!
As a whole, Antetokounmpo was a phenomenal basketball player. Because of his outstanding and unique sporting abilities, many of Europe’s best teams noticed him.
The Spanish team CAI Zaragoza signed him to a four-year deal worth €400,000 annually. Too bad Giannis Antetokounmpo was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks in the preseason and missed out on playing for Zaragoza in the Spanish league.
With a default escape clause in his Zaragoza contract, he was free to sign with the Milwaukee Bucks. In his third season with the Milwaukee Bucks, he became a crucial cog in the team’s offense. The following season, he became the most valuable player for the Milwaukee Bucks.
|Full Name||Giannis Sina Ugo Antetokounmpo|
|Sources Of Income||NBA career|
|Residence||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Date Of Birth||6 December 1994|
|Children||Liam Charles Antetokounmpo, Maverick Shai Antetokounmpo|
Key Facts About Giannis Antetokounmpo
- He Tasted His First Smoothie In 2014: When Giannis initially arrived in the United States, he tweeted, “Man, I just had my first smoothie. Holy crap, may God bless the USA. Giannis’s attraction lies in the fact that he is a foreigner to American culture, and it is entertaining to see him learn about it. This makes him so beloved by his followers: he is, at heart, a pleasant, positive person.
- There’s Proof That Giannis Served in the Army: Despite the out-of-the-ordinary nature of it, Giannis served his necessary military time in Greece. Greek law mandates that all adult males age 45 fill the armed forces for nine months. By living in the United States, Giannis and his brother Thanasis could finish their military obligations in under nine months. They finished it up in 2016 summer. This is one of the most peculiar things we learned about Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- The only Player to Ever Win Both MIP and MVP: For the first time in the history of the NBA, Giannis Antetokounmpo has been named both the league’s Most Valuable Player and Most Improved Player. In 2016, he was honored as the MIP winner, and in 2018, he was named the MVP. His meteoric climb to fame is a tribute to his dedication to honing his craft. Within two years, he went from being the most improved to the most valuable.
- In addition to trademarking the term “Greek Freak,” his contributions include: As a rising star in the NBA, Giannis submitted a trademark registration for the “Greek Freak” moniker in 2014. This was a brilliant move on his part, as his name is now associated with a brand of basketball shoes produced by Nike bearing his name.
- His Hands Were a Good Size: Despite how ridiculous it may sound, Antetokounmpo has foot-long hands. Exactly 12 inches! One of the NBA’s most extensive sets of hands, he can quickly grab and palm a basketball. This aids him offensively and is one of the main reasons he can’t be stopped when he’s barreling toward the basket. This is, without a doubt, the most unbelievable information we found about Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- With his brothers, he took turns sharing shoes: Giannis used to lend his brother his shoes for basketball games when they were both living in Greece. In reality, Giannis removed his boots and handed them to his sibling so that he might use them while he rested. Years would pass before Nike would design a shoe in his honor (the “Zoom Freak” series).
- Giannis’s First Suit Purchase Was Just a Few Hours Before the Draft: Giannis’ agent asked him what color suit he was wearing in the hours leading up to the draft, and he said he didn’t realize he had to wear one. He even inquired with his agent about the nearest store selling them. Thus, Giannis’s first time wearing a suit he had purchased himself was on draft night.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Sources Of Income
The Geek freak has been the game’s most dominant player for the past few seasons. It’s no surprise that the Bucks are willing to pay a high price to retain the league’s current MVP.
Giannis has repeatedly demonstrated why he is deserving of a large wage, an endorsement deal with a significant brand, and other opportunities that would increase his wealth. See below for the NBA star’s secret to financial success.
• Giannis Antetokounmpo NBA Salary
The Bucks superstar signed a new five-year deal last year, securing his place with the franchise for the foreseeable future.
If the numbers from Republic World are believed, he will make $27.5 million each year for the next five years on a contract worth a whopping $228.2 million. Antetokounmpo’s total earnings from salaries throughout his career amount to $106 million.
• Giannis Antetokounmpo Endorsement Deals
The Greek basketball player Giannis Antetokounmpo’s salary is substantial, but he also makes a lot of money from sponsorship deals. In 2017, he got his largest endorsement contract with sportswear giant Nike.
Since the birth of his kid last year, the reigning MVP has been working with the company to expand the size range of his iconic sneaker to include infants.
- Media Deals Have Been A Boon For Giannis Antetokounmpo Bank Account
Giannis attracts the attention of numerous organizations, willing to pay him handsomely to appear in ads. The Greek kook has appeared in multiple ads and films over the years. TLC USA thought including the MVP in an advertisement for their new TV was a clever and entertaining way to promote the product.
Antetokounmpo has also worked on projects for BMW, Hulu, Metro, and other brands. The Greek freak appears to be having a good time making money in these advertisements.
• Giannis Antetokounmpo’s Earnings Through His Business
The up-and-coming NBA sensation teamed up with NFL veteran Aaron Donald to launch Ready, a line of sports drinks. The company’s product line includes healthy food options such as bars, beverages, and chips.
The company appears to be successful despite launching new products on a somewhat regular basis, despite charging only roughly $30 per item.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Net Worth
In 2022, Giannis Antetokounmpo’s estimated net worth is $110 million. Giannis Antetokounmpo has committed to the Milwaukee Bucks for the next five years, with a guaranteed salary of $228,200,420.
He is a Greek basketball player for the Milwaukee Bucks of the NBA and goes by the nickname “Greek Freak.”
Salary and endorsements bring in $45 million annually for Giannis Antetokounmpo. He also inked a deal to be a Nike spokesman that year. Between 2017 and 2018, he made $35 million from endorsements alone.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Biggest Investments
- Rapidly Available Nutrients
In 2020, rumors spread that Giannis was about to invest substantially in Ready Nutrition, a prominent US-based sports nutrition company. The Greek superstar was already a satisfied customer of the company’s products before deciding to invest. Thanks to his business stake, Giannis has vested in the company’s artistic direction.
- MLB’s Milwaukee Brewers
In August 2021, it was reported that Antetokounmpo had acquired a significant but unknown share in the ownership of the Major League Baseball team, the Milwaukee Brewers. The club announced its new owner on the social networking site Twitter.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Houses
The $1.8 million property in Wisconsin that Giannis purchased from former Bucks star Mirza Teleovic is the costliest thing he has ever purchased with his own money.
It’s possible to utilize all ten thousand square feet of this mansion’s space, which has five bedrooms and six bathrooms. The two-story house has a wine cellar, a home theater, a pool, and a games area.
Giannis Antetokounmpo Car Collection
The collection of automobiles registered in Antetokounmpo’s name is relatively minimal. Giannis got a $150,000 black BMW i8 from the company after starring in an advertisement.
He even went out and got his sibling a silver one sometime afterward. The Greek weirdo uploaded a photo of himself riding atop his brand-new Land Rover defender X to Instagram not too long ago. The price of the elegant SUV ranges from $80,000 to $95,000.
Must Read:- Todd Chrisley Net Worth, Age, Sources Of Income!
Giannis Antetokounmpo Charity Work
To help more young people pursue a career in basketball, Giannis and his brothers launched the AntetokounBros Academy in 2019. Giannis had a strict upbringing and created the academy to help kids like him discover their basketball potential.
- In 2020, Giannis and his teammates gave $100,000 to “After School Matters,” a nonprofit in Chicago that provides tutoring and academic support to around 19,000 youngsters.
- When the COVID outbreak began in March of 2020, Giannis decided to give arena workers US$100,000.
Quotes By Giannis Antetokounmpo
Giannis says, “At age 26, I was shocked to find myself with so many awards. We’ve made a lot of progress”.
Read More:- Demi Rose Net Worth, Career, Instagram, And More!